The key to good health is knowledge and taking responsibility for your own health. You can only do that with the right knowledge. We want to educate and empower you to make the right choices. That’s why I have created this series to be able to take back responsibility for your own heal in a proactive and sensible manner. Following this education series will set your health up for long term success. To get, and stay healthy, you need to understand the fundamental elements that constitute health. Health is actually quite simple when you understand the core elements.
GUT health is in vogue nowadays however for the past 50 years naturopaths have been advocating GUT health as the core to all health. DIS-EASE as we like to say starts in the GUT.
Many factors influence GUT health. Here are my top 8 things to avoid;
2. GM foods
3. Most prescription medications disrupt GUT flora including synthetic hormones
4. Processed foods
5. Refined sugar
Sound familiar? It’s no surprise that these are the same things we advocate over and over. And over the next month you will see the same themes because health really is not that difficult. As you recognise these common disruptors of health you can slowly work towards removing them from your life.
GUT health is critical for immunity, nutritional status, hormone metabolism, mood and energy production. Without a healthy GUT everything you attempt will only be temporary. So it really is critical to keep it as a constant focus for your health.
My TOP 8 tips to improve GUT health in order of importance are;
1. Live foods: Fermented foods and drinks (they work so much better than probiotic capsules) Coconut water kefir and REJUVELAC are my two favourites
2. Hydration: water is critical for digestive health and digestive secretions. Interestingly your acid/alkaline balance effects hydration. So its not just about how much you drink but the foods you eat as well. A plant based diet helps a lot to maintain fluid in the cells which is where you need it mostly.
3. Relax when eating. Our digestion needs time and a peaceful space. Dont gulp or eat on the run. Take time and savour your food.
4. Habit: Your digestion and bowels need routine. Even if you dont feel like it sit on the toilet at the same time each day. As your digestion improves your bowels will get into the mood so to speak
5. Soluble fibre. A plant based diet provides natural soluble fibre which feed good bacteria whilst an animal predominant diet is the opposite. I always laugh when I see these muscly guys advocating ketogenic diets as I know they are going to be constipated.
6. Stimulate your digestion with bitters before meals. Apple cider vinegar is a good one, dandelion tea is another.
7. Avoid fast foods. Processed foods most commonly remove fibre but also the amount of preservatives and cheap ingredients which are often GM destroy your GUT flora in the same way antibiotics can.
8. Avoid synthetic drugs as much as possible. Im not saying go off your medications but have in mind that you are going to improve your health, which in turn allows you to not need as many medications. Ask yourself what direction do you want your health to go. Then make the changes to allow your health to head in the right direction.
Feel free to share this post with your Family and Friends and stay tuned for daily posts over the next 30 days.
Make sure you join our private group as well